We are offering you the opportunity to appoint us as your company’s EU Representative. Our reliable and experienced team supports your company in implementing the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who needs an EU Representative:
Companies that are not established in the EU but process personal data of EU citizens require a data protection representative in the EU since May 2018. Art. 27 GDPR prescribes such a data protection representative for the following cases:
- Your company offers goods or services to individuals in the EU (regardless of whether the offers are chargeable or free of charge).
- Your company monitors the behavior of persons within the EU (e.g. by online tracking, etc.).
Companies from Switzerland, the USA and the UK are particularly affected.
- Appointment of the EU data protection representative.
- Contact for supervisory authorities and data subjects in the EU e.g. customers.
- Fast forwarding of all requests to you via email e.g. information requests from data subjects about their processed data.
- If required, also support in responding to requests related to ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Formulation of clear recommendations for actions and other assistance in dealing with requests.
- Assistance with the creation and management of your processing directories.
- Submission of your company’s directories of processing activities upon the request of a supervisory authority.
- Assistance in establishing a data protection management system (DMS).
- Assistance in complying with the other requirements of the GDPR.
Why you should choose our service:
- The appointment of an EU data protection representative is mandatory according to the provisions of the EU Data Protection Regulation. Violations of the obligation pursuant to Art. 27 DSGVO may result in a fine of up to 10 million euros or 2% of the global annual turnover according to Art. 83 para. 4 lit. a DSGVO.
- By appointing our EU Representative, your company becomes DSGVO-compliant. This creates trust among your customers and gives your company a competitive advantage. Thus, last but not least, you also increase your sales.
The EU Representative intervenes directly in your business relations with your customers as a contact person for data subjects. Therefore, you must rely 100% on your representative. Through years of serving online businesses and other clients in the B2C sector and advising on data protection law, we have in-depth experience in dealing with consumers and their concerns.
- Our international team speaks 6+ European languages so we can speak the language of your customers – literally and metaphorically.
- In addition, you can benefit from our detailed knowledge of the national data protection laws of many member states as well as our experience in dealing with supervisory authorities in various EU states.
- Our EU Representative is characterized by a high level of understanding of the special economic requirements, combined with in-depth technical knowledge and fully-fledged legal expertise.
- Certification as a data protection officer (TÜV-Süd).
- Our flexible models allow us to meet the individual requirements of your company in every case. As well as consulting small and medium-sized companies, we also provide the external data protection officer and train employees.